Those who wish to develop their document production skills towards exam level
Familiarity with a word processing program and keyboarding skills
To prepare those who wish to take examinations at a higher level eg FETAC
- Lesson One – Including: Keying in a business letter using the correct layout, keying in a memo and a report, recognising spelling errors and correcting them, correctly expand abbreviations, changing line spacing within a document, emphasising text as instructed
- Lesson Two – Including: Recognising and interpreting amendment and correction signs in order to produce correct copy, producing a letter and memo that include a special mark, locating and incorporating a forward date, keying in a report with a change of line spacing.
- Lesson Three – Including: Producing documents from written draft that includes special marks and continuation pages, recognising and correcting errors of agreement, transposing text vertically, inserting missing punctuation, locating and correctly inserting text not included in the written draft, being aware of the importance of consistency of style in relation to figures
- Lesson Four – Including: Keying in a letter, memo and report observing all instructions, locating and correctly inserting information contained in another document. Completing the three documents within 1 ¼ hours. Revision of all topics covered in the course.
- The opportunity to work towards gaining a FETAC qualification
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- A personalised workbook to use as a reference guide on completion of the course
- The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate
Audio Transcription Level 2
Mail Merge using Word 2003