Those who wish to learn how to communicate effectively in business.
Experience of using Windows and Microsoft Word. Some experience of using email and the Internet.
To learn how to communicate effectively in business – by letter, email and telephone
- Lesson 1: Become familiar with the course content, know about different sorts of communication, construction of a sentence, sentence structure, subject and verb agreement, correct use of punctuation, know about common errors, including use of the apostrophe.
- Lesson 2: Use the appropriate tone for a letter, know to use positive words and phrases, using non-sexist language in writing, avoiding clichés and jargon, and know about the plain English Campaign.
- Lesson 3: Know about the style of writing including short words, sentences and paragraphs, know the correct layout for letters, writing letters from draft through to final copy, know how to proofread effectively, know about proofreading symbols.
- Lesson 4: Writing a letter of complaint, a letter of apology, a circular letter and a thank you letter.
- Lesson 5: Be familiar with the format of a curriculum vitae, know how to write a job application letter, learn how to write notes, notices, memos and fax forms, know how to design and make use of leaflets, learn about envelope sizes and uses of different paper.
- Lesson 6: Learn about E-mail, learn about net acronyms, netiquette, how to set out a business email and how to format and present web pages.
- Lesson 7: Know how to communicate effectively on the telephone, about non-verbal communication such as body language and dress, learn about video conferencing and the advantages of personal networking.
- Lesson 8: Understand how to alleviate fears when doing a presentation, learn how to structure and prepare a presentation, know how to use your voice for effective communication and learn about non-verbal communication in a presentation
- Learn how to communicate effectively
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- A personalised workbook to use and keep as a reference guide on completion of the course
- The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate
Word 2003 Expert
Outlook 2003 Proficient