For those who have a good grounding in Microsoft Excel, this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to use MS Excel at an advanced level. Like all our Excel courses, you will be given a workbook to use as you progress through the course, which will be yours to take away as a handy reference guide.You can also be confident that you’ll possess the top skills being sought by employers.You’ll also have the powerful Pitman Training name on your CV, as a quality mark of achievement. To continue your training, we'd urge you to look at our other Microsoft Office courses, or our Microsoft Office Plus Diploma.
Those wishing to extend their knowledge of Excel 2013. Suitable for PAs, EAs, Bookkeepers, Accountants, Financial Controllers, Office Managers and those whose job involves data analysis.
Aims and Objectives:
Microsoft Excel training moves to another level with this course which takes you on to an advanced level.
On successful completion of this course, you will be in a position to prepare for the City & Guilds Spreadsheet Processing Techniques Intermediate exam, as well as the Microsoft Office Specialist test (MOS) and ECDL Advanced (Spreadsheets) exam.
To get the most out of this course, you will need to have completed our entry-level Microsoft Excel course or have the equivalent experience of this extremely popular software.
- Lesson One: Using AutoFill, carrying out date calculations, adding a picture as a watermark, creating and working with tables, converting text to columns, removing duplicates, using Flash Fill, consolidating data, using paste special, creating a custom format
- Lesson Two: Defining, using and managing named ranges, using named ranges in formulas, inserting, modifying and removing hyperlinks, formatting elements of a column and pie charts, saving a chart as a template, creating combination chart, using functions: ROUND; SUMIF; SUMIF; IF; IFERROR; AND, using the IF function nested with OR
- Lesson Three: Using conditional formatting, editing a conditional formatting rule, using the Rules Manager, formatting cells meeting a specific condition, applying more than one conditional formatting rule, sorting data using cell attributes, filtering data using cell attributes, using advanced filter options
- Lesson Four: Recording and running macros, editing a macro, running a macro from the Quick Access Toolbar, deleting macros, using data validation, tracing precedent/dependent cells in a worksheet, evaluating formulas, tracing errors.
- Lesson Five: Summarising data using subtotals, using database functions, grouping and ungrouping data, creating a pivot table, refreshing pivot table data, filtering information in a pivot table, formatting pivot table data, creating and using a slicer, formatting a slicer, creating and using a timeline, using recommended pivot tables
- Lesson Six: Using the VLOOKUP function, inserting an embedded object into a spreadsheet, inserting a linked object into a spreadsheet, using paste special to create a link between programs, linking Excel workbooks, using the scenario manager, setting up data tables
- Lesson Seven: Protecting worksheet cells, applying and removing passwords, setting file properties, sharing workbooks, merging workbooks, tracking changes, accepting or rejecting changes, using the Document Inspector, marking a workbook as final
- Lesson Eight: Using statistical functions: COUNTA, COUNTBLANK, COUNTIF, using text functions: PROPER, UPPER; LOWER, TRIM, LEFT, MID, RIGHT, CONCATENATE, using financial functions: PV; NPV; RATE, using nested functions
- Learn how to use this popular spreadsheet program
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- A workbook to use as a reference guide on completion of the course
- The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate
Course duration: 18-20 hours
Call Us Now: 01 840 4075