Those who are complete beginners and wish to learn how to use Hyper Text Markup Language to create their own web sites.
Knowledge of at least one Windows-based application, and experience of the Internet.
To enable students to create their own web sites using HTML.
- Lesson 1 : What is HTML? HTML Standards, HTML Editors, Basic HTML Tags, Web Page Design Tips, Designing a Web Site, What is a Web Server? Browser Compatibility.
- Lesson 2 : Creating an HTML File, The HTML Tag, The Head Tag, The Title Tag, The Body Tag, Heading Tags, The Paragraph Tag, Inserting Line Breaks, Lists, Formatting Text, Adding Comments.
- Lesson 3 : Adding a Horizontal Rule, Incorporating Images into Pages, Inserting an Image, Height and Width Attributes, Aligning Images with Text, File Formats and Downloading, Page Colours and Backgrounds.
- Lesson 4 : Understanding Hyperlinks, The Anchor Tag, Inserting a Link to another Web Page, Creating a Link to another Web Site, Creating a Link within a Document, Adding Navigational Links, Using an Image as a Link.
- Lesson 5 : Creating Tables, Adding a Border, Changing the Border Thickness, Centring a Table on the Page, Adding Column Headings, Inserting a Table Background colour.
- Lesson 6 : What is a Search Engine? Search Engine Awareness, Publishing your Web Site.
- Know how to write HTML in order to create your own web sites.
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace.
- A personalised workbook to use and keep as a reference guide on completion of the course.
- The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate.
10 - 12 Hours
Dreamweaver Introduction and Advanced