Individuals wishing to pursue a career as a Legal Secretary.
Comprehensive end-user knowledge of Microsoft Word, competent keyboarding (at least 40 wpm), good letter layout and office practice skills.
To give an introduction to the work, responsibilities, practice and structure of the Family Law Department in a legal office.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Family Law, Basic Divorce Procedure, Instruction Form.
- Lesson 2: The Petition, Example of a Petition, Certificate with regard to Reconciliation.
- Lesson 3: Statement of Arrangements for Children.
- Lesson 4: Filing the Petition, The Acknowledgement of Service, Serving the Petition, The Answer, Affidavits.
- Lesson 5: Decree Nisi, Decree Absolute.
- Develop an awareness of the workings and structure of a Family Law Department
- The flexibility and value of a self-study module designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- A personalised workbook to use and keep as a reference guide on completion of the module
- The opportunity to gain a widely recognised qualification, a Pitman Training Certificate
Further Legal Secretarial Modules