How To Get That Job
Over the last couple of months we have ran some workshops for students, aimed at helping them to secure a job before they leave us. The workshops focused on everything about applying for a new job, from getting your CV noticed right up to making sure you give the best possible interview.
If you missed them or want to attend another, we’ve got more workshops coming up on 9th & 16th April 2015!
There is also a workshop scheduled for Thursday 26th on Dressing and Grooming for an Interview. For more information or to join us call 01 8404075
Here’s a recap of what we covered in the previous workshops:
- CV’s need to be simple enough to read at a glance and catch the attention of the employer or recruiter quickly, as most will only spend around 10 - 15 seconds on reading it!
- The personal statement should be short and snappy, and tailored to fit each application.
- The content must be clear, concise and you must be able to stand over everything that you say.
- The use of bullet points is essential when outlining the responsibilities of each job.
- Always tailor the CV to suit the job application you are applying for.
- Use the STAR technique when highlighting your roles and achievements. Ask yourself:
- What was the Situation?
- What exactly was the Task?
- What Action did you take?
- What was the Result?
In The Interview
- Thoroughly know every job on your CV; your responsibilities, the things you liked and disliked about the role. In that way you will always be prepared and genuine.
- Have confidence in yourself; remember if the job is meant for you, you'll get it - if not, its experience and the right one is around the corner.
Further workshops will be held 9th & 16th April 2015, by Carol O'Byrne of Katalis Group at our Pitman Training centre, North Street, Swords. For more information and to join us, call 01 840 4075 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!