Anyone who needs to develop effective business writing skills.
Improve standards and presentation of business documents through the development of good practice techniques in the workplace.
- Different types of letters.
- Problems in replying to letters: ‘bad’ examples and ineffective communications.
- Identify the steps to developing effective letter writing.
- Writing for the reader.
- The Planning process.
- Common errors in business writing: a detailed look at examples of what to avoid and how to achieve greater accuracy and clarity.
- Keeping your documents short and simple.
- Visual impact and formats: letters, memos, faxes, covering letters, complaint letters and replies to complaint letters. Letters of appreciation, inter-office written communications and electronic communication.
- Proof reading: guidelines for good practice.
- Developing a personal action plan.
- Develop the ability to create clear, concise and targeted business documents for effective impact.
- A personalised workbook with exercises, individual notes and a concise personal action plan to ensure that the skills learnt on this course will be successfully applied in the workplace.
- The opportunity to gain a widely recognised qualification, a Pitman Training Certificate
Successful Job Interviews Seminar