Those who wish to learn how to transcribe documents containing medical terminology.
Word processing and audio transcription skills to a proficient level. Ideally students should have taken ‘The Medical Secretary – An Introduction’ course.
To teach users how to accurately transcribe documents containing medical terminology.
- Lesson One – Including: Simple sentences containing medical terminology, letter from Consultant Ophthalmologist, letter from Consultant Gastro-Enterologist, memo to Community Health Care Services and referral letters from GP to Consultant.
- Lesson Two – Including: Referral letter to Consultant Dermatologist, letter from ENT Registrar, letter from Senior Registrar to GP, Memo to Community Health Council and Clinic Notice.
- Lesson Three – Including: Letter to GP from Senior Registrar in Oncology department, letters from Consultant Physician, memo from Surgical Registrar to GP, Clinic Information Notice, memo from Practice Nurse.
- Lesson Four – Including: Referral letter from GP, memo from Medical Records Officer, GP letter to Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, letter to Consultant and memo from Chief Executive.
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- A personalised workbook to use and keep as a reference guide on completion of the course
- The opportunity to gain a widely recognised qualification, a Pitman Training Certificate
Word 2000 or Word 2003 Expert
Effective Business Communication